Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Official Before and After

Remember, this post about the 100 mile garage sale, and this one about the Bloomington Garbage pick up? Well, Saturday was a busy day making our findings look more like treasure than trash! Ali, Annie and I started our day at 9 am, and didn't get done until 7pm, 10 straight hours of hard work! But we had a blast and are very proud of ourselves :)

There are so many awesome before and afters, that I am going to have to do it in a few different posts! I will start with my 2 chairs that I found. These chairs were quite the find, at a house around the corner from ours, for $0 - that's right, someone was throwing these babies away! Below is the awesome before and after:
Before:

After:

I am so excited about how they turned out! Really - 2 chairs for only $45. We had the stain and polyurethane from the console table that we made and I had some black spray paint for the bottom of the front legs. The staining was the easy part. Next came the upholstery. We went to an awesome fabric store called Crafty Planet. The fabric was somewhat pricey, at $15 a yard, but it was strong and looked really good - totally worth the price. Here is the up close picture of the fabric.


2 chairs done, but now I have the upholstery bug - what more can I find :) While I would love to take all the credit for the chairs above, I couldn't have done it without Annie and Ali's help!

Turn in all week from awesome before and afters from Annie and Ali.

No comments:

Post a Comment