Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bloomington Garbage Time!

Its that time of year again! When the residents of lovely Bloomington throw out their trash. And by trash I mean their trash - someone's treasure. Last year Nate and I got rid of 2 couches, 2 non-working grills, a broken dishwasher, a broken microwave, and I am sure many smaller items. Our curb looked something like this:

Which by the way, the only things that made it to the actual garbage pick up was the dishwasher (minus a few parts) and the microwave. This year, we will have a few chairs - maybe a dining room table, and whatever else is hiding in the garage or my parents bring over to dispose of :)

While our date for pick up is not until the 9th of May (meaning we will be putting stuff out starting the 6th), Prestigious West Bloomington has their pick up this Saturday - so about tomorrow is when the good scavenging will begin.

Nate and I did not take full advantage of the pick up last year - and only got rid of stuff- this year we intend to bring home some goodies. On my list: Table lamps (in any shape), a round side table, a wooden chair with upholstered seat, and anything else that may catch my eye. I have 5 full weeks to find what I am looking for - but the competition is tough, so wish me luck!

Also- if you live nearby, but not lucky enough to live in Bloomington :) let me know if you need to get rid of anything - they look down upon other people dropping stuff off, but we can do it on the sly. And, if you would like to come scavenge with Nate and I- let us know!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! You know if I were around I would be digging through those treasures with you! I can't wait to see what you find!

    ReplyDelete