Monday, May 11, 2009

Ali's New Chair

Ali got this chair at our 100 mile garage sale for about $3! Totally ratty and ugly - Dan even called it the grandma chair.
Before:

After:

Seriously - don't you love it? With the little red pillow Ali is going to add for back support, it is going to look so awesome in her gray and red guest room. Ali used black lacquer spray paint. Being that she had never used spray paint before, and I love me some spray paint, I offered to help :) If you notice in the picture below I have spray paint gun, probably the best invention I have seen in a while! The fabric is again from Crafty Planet. If you are observant, you will see that the colors of Ali's material are very similar to mine; well all independently, Ali, Annie and I all purchased fabric from the same maker, with the same gray and cream. Great minds think alike!


One thing to note about Ali's chair - we did it all without any sewing! Seriously, a little glue stitch, and a little creativity, we made it work! So you don't have to be a sewing expert to do this!
Up next: Annie's Dining Chairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment