Thursday, October 11, 2012

Throwback Thursday - Our TV Console

So I was looking around our house the other day, and realized how many things that we have done ourselves.  I mean, I know that we enjoy doing it, but over the 4 years, we have DIYed our way through so many things in our house.  So, I decided that I am going to share some of the things that may not have made their way to this blog, even if we did them a while ago - Hence the 'Throwback' 

2 years ago, I found this really cool console on Craigslist.  I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but I needed it. 


While it was not in the worst shape, it was not my style at all!  The wood on top looked really orange (this picture does not do it justice)

And the antiquing on the doors just made it look dirty.  

But I loved the shape, and some of the features it had.... 


And now here it is in our living room.  

Because it was going to house our TV components, I knew that no matter how hard we tried, the doors would be open the majority of the time.... so I took the extra time and painted the inside orange.  It makes it so fun and modern. 

Some Colby photo bombs!




I think that this is still one of my favorite pieces that I have done.  One, because I did it without Nate's help... And while I love doing things with him, I feel pride that I did it myself.  And because I wasn't lazy/too excited to get it in the house and took that extra time to add the orange.  It really makes the piece.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I think it turned out great. I also really LOVE your color choices for the room.

    ReplyDelete