Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Outfits

This weeks Dare to DIY was about giving handmade.  And I do have a few handmade gifts up my sleeve, but I need to hold those off until after Christmas.  So I am giving myself a gift, by making my babies look adorable on Christmas.

I knew that I wanted to make something for Henry and Zoey for Christmas, so I started out with a shirt for Henry.




Then onto Zoey's outfit.  I started out with some tulle, a lot of it. Too much.  It was overkill.  She looked so cute, but would not be able to do anything.  

I tried to get her to smile, but she was too fascinated with the new skirt. 

Plan B -  A bubble skirt.  My first attempt, and I am so happy how it turned out.  You can't tell here -but it 'bubbles' just the right amount.  I love it!

Lastly, just had to add a bow on a onesie.


 Henry and Zoey are going to be the cutest twins around!

Also - if you are frequent visitor of the blog - you will notice there are quite a few pictures of Zoey sans helmet lately.  We got the word 2 weeks ago, that she will only have to wear it for 3 more week.  Yep, that means there is only ONE WEEK left!  The doctor also told us that when she is around people and sitting up, to start having her go without the helmet.  Apparently babies can get so used to it, that it can be an adjustment period when it is suddenly gone, so by slowly stopping it will help her easy her way out of it. 

 So Big!

7 comments:

  1. The outfits are so cute and yippee for Zoey! Also, I loved watching B&N around the activity table. Norah would go crazy...miss those days but if you can believe it, things get even more fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.. when I read your blog I get so excited for what is to come.... while I am sad that they are growing too fast, I know there is fun in the future.

      Delete
  2. Oh my word! These outfits are ADORABLE! Holy moly. I don't think they could get any cuter. Awesome work!

    Thank you so much for linking up to Dare to DIY!

    (Also, super happy to hear that she's doing so well and you won't have to worry about the helmet. I'm sure that's great news for you!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am very excited how they turned out! I am also excited to post pictures of them in their cute outfits come Christmas time!

      Delete
  3. Oh goodness. These are precious! Thanks for joining the Dare to DIY!

    ReplyDelete