Monday, October 12, 2009

The Windy City



On our way to Art and Laura's wedding we stopped in Chicago to see Joey and check out a few of the sites. Meg hadn't been to the big city for a few years and neither of us had been to the sites in a long time.



We started at the Shedd Aquarium. Checked out a few of the animals and the 4D experience, Planet Earth nonetheless. The 4D experience was like any other 3D movie but then they hit you with wind, rain, vibration. I was soaked by the time we got out of there.


Check out these sweet shades


Belugas


A ginormous anaconda. I peed myself.

After the Shedd we headed over to Grant Park and wandered around. I had to get a Chicago style hot dog which was eh...



We then found the mirrored "bean". Everyone gravitates there.



Finally we hit Navy Pier. We didn't end up taking a ride on the ferris wheel but I did get a funnel cake. Always necessary.




Overall a great trip. Lots of walking but good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment