Thursday, February 25, 2016

Black is the new Black

When we were moving into the new house, I told the kids that they could pick their wall color.  I wanted to make sure the liked their rooms, to try to minimize any emotion caused by the move.  From day one, Henry said he wanted a black room.  I thought he would change his mind, so I kept asking, and he still insisted on black.  But "mom, just one wall black, otherwise the nightmares might come" so one wall it was. 



So, I had a day off, and I got all ready to paint.  It is really hard to get a good picture of the one wall that I was painting, but here is the before:



And a couple of afters:

 


I really love it!! I have to say, I thought that it would take 16 coats, but I used Clark and Kensington from Ace, and 1.5 coats did the trick! 

Henry was so excited when he came home and saw his room!  The other walls are still a dirty yellow, so those will be replaced with white shortly.  And, he doesn't know it yet, but some super sweet Super Hero art is coming to jazz up the black wall!  I cant wait for it to be finished and share it with him, and you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment