Thursday, October 2, 2014

Thoughts on Twins at 2.5

I think that things are getting easier. 

KNOCK ON WOOD.

But honestly, I think that for the longest time twins felt like more than twice the work.  Mainly because they both wanted everything, at the same time.  They would walk in opposite directions.  And one meltdown lead to two melt downs instantly. 

But I honestly feel like we have turned a corner. 


There may be several factor that are leading up to this: 1) they are older - and can be reasoned with - a little bit.  2) The moved up to the preschool room at school, and therefore understand discipline a little more, 3) they are fooling me, and all hell is going to break loose soon...

Oh, on #3... we are going to potty train this weekend.  So yea, all hell is about to break loose. We are crazy. 

But back to Henry and Zoey at 2.5.  We have conversations, they can tell me about their day, they can tell me what they like and don't like, and most importantly, they can tell each other what they like and don't like.  We still deal with sharing issues, but counting to three and switching, or trading seems to be working...

I laugh at things they say daily.  And they laugh at each other.  

I can't complain much. 

So why are we potty training again? Oh yea, we're crazy.  I mean really.  Hopefully we survive.  Everyone says that boys are harder than girls... but I know that Henry will be easier hands down.  He knows when he has to go to the bathroom.  And if he just wants an M&M, he knows how to push out the smallest amount of pee.  Zoey, has zero awareness.  In fact, I don't even know if she knows how to push out her pee.  This will be fun. 




No comments:

Post a Comment