Wednesday, November 14, 2012

DIY: Working with what you got

Last week, I made some new art for the kids playroom.  The best part... the total cost was $0!


Remember on my basement tour I said I needed something to cover that hole in the wall?  The hole is actually our circuit breaker, so I couldn't cover it up with anything permeant, I knew that art is what I needed.  (There was some art hanging there before,  but moved when this started to become our playroom)

I raided my fabric supply.  I dont usually buy fabric unless I know what I am going to do with it - but sometimes there is just something too cute to pass up.  I had 2 half yards of fun fabric that I had bought over 2 years ago... just waiting to be used for something.   I also had extra felt from left over projects.


 I also had these 2 large canvas from IKEA about 5 years ago.  There was nothing wrong with them, but they were sitting in our guest room.  (There was a 3rd one at somem point, but I used that on another project)

I printed off letters for the words: Learn, Play, Giggle and Love, traced them onto the felt.


 The funny thing, when I was thinking of words to say, all I could think was 'Play, Laugh, Grow' - but that is the Fisher Price tagline.  And it would bother me seeing those words every day...



 I love how the bright colors just go with all the bright colored toys in this room.


What do you think?  Not bad for a free project?!

1 comment: