Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kitchen Reno Time!

No - not for us unfortunately. But today starts the renovation on my parent's kitchen. Thorson Homes is starting the demolition today! Man, I wish I could help - these pipes can really swing the sledge hammer:)

Since my parents built the house 20 years ago, nothing has been changed in the kitchen. Including the dishwasher that has been broken for months now, that went through many-a-family dinners with load of dishes to do by hand. But they held out to do their whole kitchen.

Below are some shots of the kitchen:







I want you to notice the ceramic pigs face in the top right picture below. I made that- in 6th grade. Yep, it is almost as old as the kitchen is. But it is so cute, who could get rid of it?


Last but not least, the tile back splash. Yes, the hand painted, with little blue flowers back splash. That trend is no where in sight anymore :)


I am so jealous of you mom and dad! Oh, and you are free to come over and eat any time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment