Monday, April 15, 2013

The Nursery - One year later

I still love Zoey and Henry's nursery more than any other room in the house.  It is so bright and colorful and happy.  True, it is the smallest room in the house, and when they move to toddler beds, they will probably have to switch rooms, but for now, we enjoy it. 


I made these mobiles, and honestly, I thought that they would just be for looks, but Henry and Zoey love them!!!  They have to spin them every night before we lay them down, and they laugh and laugh.  It may be a small thing, but I look forward to it each night, 

 For their birthday, my sister, brother-in-law and nieces got Henry and Zoey these metal signs. They are so cute, and go with everything in the room... 


The shelf above Zoey's crib... holds a bunch of stuff, including her helmet :)

 And some more books.  These books don't get read quite as much right now... because they have actual pages, and we are into turning and pulling pages.  But soon we will be able to pull these back out. Until then, they are pretty and safe between the giraffe and the elephant. 

A little blue spray paint on the cheap plastic animal, and I love him.  We used salvaged wood, and I was going to paint them white, but I loved the look of the sanded wood on all the white. 

Some additional wall storage, and a small storage ottoman.  One of us usually sits on this ottoman while the other sits in the rocking chair for story time. 


 The ladder that Nate made to hold all the blankets that we have.  Best build yet.  I love it, and the blankets are right there when we need them. 

Cheap Ikea picture ledges hold books right by the rocking chair.


Truth: The closet is not organized... it needs a little work. If you look closely, you can see a dark spot behind the clothes.  There is actually a huge space behind that little cubby hole.  This space holds all their diapers and wipes. 




The rug is one of the favorite parts of the room.  It was the first thing that I bought and designed the whole room around it.   

Another truth: To make it dark, we usually have a piece of dark gray fabric to block the light.  I wish I could say that I sewed some nice blinds for their room, but nope.  I tacked some fabric onto the window and called it good. I will get around to it someday... maybe when they are two :)


Zoey and Henry were at school when I was taking all these pictures, or else they would have made an appearance to show off their room.  Now, we have to finish the playroom.... 


3 comments:

  1. I don't know how you can even pick a favorite room when your whole house is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - love the spray painted bookends! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where fid you get the rug? I love the room

    ReplyDelete