You can see that the cuts still weren't the best so I had to do a little clean up work last night. You can also see that the cats got after the plastic wrap! I sanded down the ends, got them flat, and then broke all the edges to avoid splinters.
Some of the edges are still a little rough but these won't be visible when the table is assembled. To show you what I'm working with, I've got an old table for a workbench, the $10 special Menard's sander and some sand paper. I'm using pretty coarse paper to start to get rid of all the roughage. The finer paper will be used when I am applying the polyurethane to the table.
Tonight I started to stain the legs. Meg and I both like the darker look, this is the same from the console table. I believe it is dark walnut. All the pieces of wood for the table are white oak so I think this should turn out really well.