Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cincinnati

I spent the last few days in Mason, Ohio, a suburb of Cincinnati. I walked right into carnie haven. My hotel was 1/4 mile from King's Island. King's Island is a sister theme park of Valleyfair and Worlds of Fun. The weather was warm but it rained every afternoon, getting in the way of my after work fun time.

It looks like it is pretty rockin', they just got a new coaster that looks like it could be fun. This brought me back to the good ole days of Adventureland. I get a kick out of how lame it is now but it was a great time as a kid. Miss those days...

Just across the interstate from my hotel was a water park called The Beach. Again a gentle reminder of my youth, anyone recall a little place called Wacky Waters?!? The place is shut down but it made Wikepedia!!!

About a 1/2 mile from my hotel is a Jack Nicklaus designed golf course. What more could you ask for?!?

The food has been pretty average all around this week. Nothing too exciting. The guys from work took me to a place called Skyline Chili today. The specialty being chili obviously. However its not your ordinary chili. It's actually really plain but they add brown sugar and chocolate to it. No beans unless you request them. They serve it on "coneys" (why can't they call them hot dogs?!?) and atop spaghetti. It was a really strange combo but pretty good. They pile on the shredded cheese and provide plenty of hot sauce. I'd do it again...

1 comment:

  1. I love Wacky Waters. Again, so cool when you were little and now that I'm an adult I can see that it was a little lame.

    ReplyDelete